To support and advance the excellence of the Moorestown Township Public Schools through the development and funding of innovative programs and initiatives which create significant, widespread and lasting impact on the education of the children in the district.
Receive and accept property by way of gifts to be used for scholarships to residents of Moorestown and provide for Moorestown Township Public Schools improvement initiatives.
Enlist and encourage the support and cooperation of the school district, community groups, residents and other organizations in the improvement of the education of students in the Moorestown Township Public Schools.
The Moorestown Education Foundation (the “MEF”), founded originally in 1987 and modified into its current form in 1996, is a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 tax exempt foundation dedicated to the enhancement of the educational experience of students in Moorestown Township Public Schools. The Moorestown community recognized the importance of private funding for public schools earlier than most communities. During its history, the MEF has evolved with the demands of the school district and has provided increasing support to Moorestown Township Public Schools. Today, it operates in an embedded model, which, while independent, is represented on its Board of Trustees by the members of the community at-large, the Moorestown Township Board of Education, and the school district administration. Additionally, its collaborative model incorporates advisory trustees from key constituent groups within the community. Going forward, there exists a real opportunity to expand the impact of the Moorestown Education Foundation with the help of the Moorestown community.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Debtosh Chakrabarti, President
- Georgean Wardzinski, Vice President
- James Heiser, Secretary/Treasurer
- Michael Volpe, Superintendent Moorestown Township Public Schools
- Maurice Weeks, Board of Education President
- Mark Snyder, Board of Education Vice President
- Christina Buckley, At Large Trustee
- Ian Hinke, At Large Trustee
- Don Mishler, At Large Trustee
- Deb Rockell , At Large Trustee
- Amie Ryno, At Large Trustee
- Caryn Shaw, At Large Trustee
- Dave Weinstein, At Large Trustee
- Megan Del Collo, Advisory Trustee, Home & School Association
- Vacant, Advisory Trustee, MoorArts
Donna Tortu, Advisory Trustee, Moorestown Education Association (MEA)